Dear Parents and Carers,

We have been carefully monitoring the Met Office weather forecast over the last 24 hours. The Yellow warning issued for snow and ice this afternoon/evening has now been upgraded to Amber.

To  keep our students safe, County Transport have already begun taking some students home. Their parents/carers have been notified. Although not all areas will be affected by snow, we are concerned that the temperatures are causing hazardous travel conditions. Due to the length and location of our students’ return routes, we have made the decision to begin sending those students who take Atrium transport home at 2pm. This will enable them to reach their bus stops and travel onwards safely.

Students who usually walk home will do so at 3.35, unless we inform you otherwise.

If you have any concerns about your child or would like to collect him or her before 2pm, please contact us in advance of your arrival.

This decision has been made in consideration of the health and safety of our students and their families.

Please check our website ( and listen to local radio stations for updates about potential school closure tomorrow.

In addition to this, we are postponing tonight’s Open Evening until Monday, 4th February. We will continue as planned with a 3.35pm finish on that day (as had originally been intended for today). If your child has previously volunteered to help with our Open Evening and would still like to do so on Monday, we would greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing them. However, would you kindly let us know at the earliest opportunity if he or she is unable to do so.

It is our absolute priority that all our current and potential students remain safe while they are in our care, so may I thank you all in advance for your understanding and support.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Morcumb

Acting Principal